Mission Lake Restoration ProjectUp one level
The Kansas Department of Health and Environment ("KDHE") is responsible for the administration of the Federal Water Pollution Control Act, or better known as the Clean Water Act ("CWA"), in the State of Kansas. This section of hortonkansas.net has been provided to the community in order to provide open, transparency in regards to the restoration of Mission Lake. Because the voters of the City of Horton have committed more $4,000,000.00 to the restoration of Mission Lake, it is necessary that we all endeavor to be fully informed of the issues that face Mission Lake, the causes of the pollution, and the necessity to dredge Mission Lake for future use.
- Documents associated with the procurement of professional engineering and construction services.
- Mission Lake Restoration Administrative & Legal Resources
- Administrative and legal resources related to the Mission Lake Renovation Project, including Kansas State Conservation Commission Administrative Regulations and other legal items related to the project.
- Mission Lake Engineering & Construction Resources
- Historical and recent engineering and construction resources, including past engineering studies, have been posted online for community and vendor information.
- Pictures of Mission Lake Project
- Pictures of the construction of the confined disposal facility and the progress of the dredging of Mission Lake.